To reduce your moobs you must reduce your total body fat!
So you have a bad case of man boobs and now what do you do? It feels like your social life is over because you are too embarrassed to go out or even hit the beach. Well there is cause for hope. Just like it took action to grow your man boobs you can take steps to get rid of them.
So how did you get moobs in the first place? Well most likely you either:
- Ate a terrible diet of sugar and carbs overs and didn’t get enough exercise.
- You have an estrogen dominance or out of balance test / estrogen ratio.
Typically women have higher levels of estrogen in the body and we men have more androgen hormones like testosterone. Man boobs occur when a man’s ‘estrogen to androgen’ ratio is out of balance. Generally, breast tissue in both men and women feeds off estrogen. Research shows that gynecomastia is indicative of a hormonal imbalance in the body.
If you have mostly fat pendulous breast tissue then it is highly likely to be a problem with diet. If your total body fat is high this certainly the case. For this problem you will have to change the way you eat and live your life.
- Changes in diet should follow these general rules:
- Cut what you consume daily by a third.
- Cut our sodas and sugary foods.
- You should eat mostly lean meats, vegetables and fruits.
- Whole grains and nuts / seeds are ok to eat.
- Packages food is out it is junk. Also lower your saly intake.
These rules may seem harsh at first but this is how we should all be eating for a healthy mind and body. The sugar and other junk spikes insulin raises sugar levels and packs on the fat. Aromatase enzymes which create estrogen are stored in fat and increase. Then as estrogen levels rise more fat is created in a wicked loop! Stop it now!
Now if you are dealing with the painful lumps this is usually a hormonal issue. You need to correct a high estrogen dominance situation in your body. It could have been caused by steroid abuse or even certain prescription medications. So here is what you need to do:
- First you need to start applying a topical DHT gel to the chest area. Nothing works better at eating away at the lumps that have formed. It is also directly antagonistic to estrogen and will cancel it’s effects.
- You also need to lower systemic estrogen levels but you don’t want to completely eliminate it. You actually need some estrogen. This is best done with natural anti-estrogen supplements.
When you start your exercise routine you need to do resistance training for the whole body. Spot reducing working only the chest doesn’t work. Strength training increases the rate at which you burn calories. The “5 x 5” training protocol is amongst the most tried and tested methods for this. It is the best way to increase muscle and testosterone levels fast. Going for walks while healthy isn’t going to achieve the results we are after. In fact, research published in the European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology found levels of testosterone significantly increased after heavy resistance training. Because large, heavy compound movements will burn off the fat.
Lay off the alcohol!
We all know that alcohol is packed with calories. Research published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics found that alcohol intake produces a suppression of plasma testosterone. This can lead to an increase of estrogen! Also, researchers from the UCLA School of Medicine in Los Angeles say alcohol history will be taken into consideration when treating gynecomastia. They know if you drink the problem will likely return at some point! Look at it this way, if you have unwanted cleavage and drink a lot maybe you need to cut back on booze!